torstai 11. huhtikuuta 2013

Mixing two favorite cuisines - great success!

I love Greek halloumi cheese and I love Italian food, especially pasta. Today I had a sudden craving for both of them but hesitated at first - could I possibly combine these two and actually enjoy it? 

If the ingredients are good, I think it's almost impossible to screw things up. But, I had to make sure and googled it. I found two recipes (click the words) and decided to give it a try. I'm not a professional cook (hahaha, who would've guessed?!) but it didn't sound too complicated for me.


Because I didn't have most of the ingredients of the "official" recipes, I improvised. And because I'm a newbie, I used a ready-made pasta sauce... Oops. 

All you need is

olive oil
salt
2 cloves of garlic
1 onion
1 sweet pepper, red
egg pasta
tomato & basil pasta sauce
slice or little cube of halloumi

I'm not a photographer... It's so hard to make the food look delicious in the pictures!

This was so quick, so easy and so good! Only some chopping, cooking, frying, mixing and heating. Wok pan is the only frying pan I've got, and it seriously is the perfect pan for cooking this weird Greek/Italian dish (says the girl who has no other choice...).


Because I know nothing about cooking, I can't really teach anyone to make this. If you know the basics like how to boil pasta and use a knife, you're gonna go far, kid!


Halloumi-paprika pasta - so easy even I could do it!

P.S. Yes, I only wrote this to brag and to show my mom I'm not starving although I live on my own.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti