maanantai 25. maaliskuuta 2013

The war in 1812

(Oh well...) 

Hello there! I'm this girl from Finland. We have probably met?

I was gonna tell you something about my favorite music and stuff but it seems somebody had a way better idea.

This someone told me to write about the war in 1812. 

Oh yeah.

Sometimes my friends really surprise me...


Ok - I'm pretty sure there was a war in 1812. I just have no idea where and why. I used to be the girl who couldn't care less about history when I was at school. I found these wars and old stuff so boring I wanted to jump out of the window. Instead I tried to sleep without the teacher noticing or text my friends without the same boring devil seeing and taking my phone away.

Yep, I was the adorable teenager who was only interested in herself and the cute guys who I could stalk. The amount of lipgloss and mascara I used daily was r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s. I was so vain and so full of angst that the most days I ended up writing my diary in candlelight and crying myself to sleep. So uncool.


About wars in general: I hate them. Although uniforms are sometimes hot, I hate everything related to war. Except guns. They are cool, so masculine! But they're designed to kill and killing isn't nice. If you disagree with me, think again.

One of the most terrifying things to think about before going to sleep is am I going to live in the war zone myself someday. Of course I don't want that. Losing your home is horrible, losing your loved ones is excruciating. Having nightmares decades after the war is just unbearable. My late grandpa saw the bombs expolding in his dreams for years, that's how traumatic his experience was. He didn't have the chance to go to therapy because our country was a mess. Everyone just had to put their mental issues aside and work hard to build a future for them and their children.


All this happened long time ago, but in the 20th century. I have no idea what happened in the 19th century so I can't tell you much about the war in 1812.

Probably there was a man. Or many men. And they were unhappy for some reason.
Maybe somebody had something they wanted. Or someone didn't give them what they needed.

Everything was fine until they became so angry they decided to start a war. 

They started to think that that someone was their enemy.

They recruited men and gave them guns.

The enemy needed to be destroyed.

The rest, as they say, is history. 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti